Post-Conviction Relief

Chicago Post-Conviction Relief Attorney

No one in the justice system is perfect. That includes judges and attorneys. But when mistakes are made in criminal law, lives are changed forever. If you have been convicted of a crime, remember that you have the right to challenge your conviction or sentence. Remember also that your choice of lawyer will greatly affect the outcome.

After many years of handling high-stakes criminal cases, Chicago post-conviction relief lawyer Darryl Goldberg understands the impact of convictions. He handles federal and state appeals, but what if you have already lost on appeal?

Do Not Give Up Hope

Even if you appealed and lost, you still have opportunities to obtain relief. As an experienced Chicago post-conviction relief attorney, Mr. Goldberg can meet with you to discuss your options, which may include:

  • Requesting a new trial
  • Motions to correct sentencing errors or get credit for time served
  • Filing a writ of habeas corpus in state or federal court if you were convicted due to ineffective assistance of counsel, an involuntary guilty plea or coerced confession
  • Expungements and/or sealing of arrest records or convictions
  • Request for pardons or executive clemency

Services For Immigrants And Undocumented Aliens

If you are a non-U.S. citizen and have been convicted of any crime, you could face deportation, naturalization and other serious consequences. Mr. Goldberg is here to help. He will examine your case from every angle. Many times, other criminal lawyers tell clients to plead guilty without telling them about how the plea will affect their immigration status. That is called ineffective assistance of counsel, and it gives you the chance to fight the conviction.

Time is of the essence. If you wait too fight your conviction, you could lose the right to challenge it. Contact Mr. Goldberg today. Link to the VG part of the case results

If your attorney did not tell you about the immigration consequences of a guilty plea, Mr. Goldberg will fight for your right to remain in the U.S. with your loved ones. He may be able to:

  • Vacate the conviction or withdraw a guilty plea
  • Negotiate a lesser charge (try to get a felony reduced to a misdemeanor)
  • Negotiate a dismissal

Attorney Goldberg has helped immigrants avoid deportation. Click here to read about Illinois vs. VG, one example of Mr. Goldberg’s success.

Contact A Cook County Criminal Appeals Lawyer

Do not hesitate to get in touch with attorney Goldberg if you feel you were wrongly convicted of a crime in Illinois or elsewhere. Please call 773-793-3196 or contact his Chicago law firm online today. Your initial consultation is free. Mr. Goldberg handles cases nationwide.

Se habla español